My games won't work with Microsoft Vista!
If you're using Microsoft Vista and you're having trouble playing Gamesville games, there is an update available from Microsoft that improves the compatibility and reliability of Windows Vista, and should resolve any compatibility issues you're having with Gamesville. The update is available at the following link:
NOTE: If you're having trouble downloading Java when running Vista, you may want to consider disabling Windows Protection and then downloading and installing Sun Java.
If you install this update and you have Sun Java installed (help installing Sun Java), you may want to consider using Microsoft Java instead.
Below are instructions on how to install Microsoft Java if your computer does not already come equipped with it, or if your version of Microsoft Java has become corrupted.
To use Microsoft Java, you first need to disable Sun Java.To do this...
- Open up Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu.
- Select "Internet Options". Go to the "Advanced" tab and scroll down until you see "Java (Sun)" or something similar. Uncheck the box. Click the "Apply" button. Then press "OK".
- Now you're ready to install your new Microsoft Java.
To install Microsoft Java...
- ... you need to first download the Microsoft Java VM. Try downloading and installing it from one of the following links--but please be advised, we are in no way affiliated with, nor responsible for, the content on the following sites and strongly advise scanning this software to be safe:
- Download the MS Java file to your desktop and scan the file for malware.
- Double click the file, named "msjavx86.exe", and click "Install" when prompted.
- After the file is installed, your computer will ask you to restart. Click "Yes".
- After your computer restarts, start Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu.
- Select "Internet Options". Go to the "Advanced" tab and scroll down until you see "Microsoft VM". Make sure all three boxes are checked. You can see a preview of how your options should look here:
- Click the "Apply" button, then click the "OK" button.
- Close all your Internet Explorer windows, then open Internet Explorer back up.
- Go to Gamesville.com and select any of our Free Games to play.
You're now using the Microsoft Java VM. If you still experience problems after doing this, please contact customer service and be sure to reference this article.